找回密码
 注册老北京网

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 3228|回复: 10

有关去美国留学的问题About studying overseas, the USA in particular[含2P]

[复制链接] 放大 缩小 原始字体
发表于 2012-4-2 19:55:00 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Today I'd like to start a brand-new topic on going to study overseas, the USA in particular. This has actually been talked about in the past 30 some years. The momentum has not even been hotter. However, ever since the beginning of 1980s, Chinese students began traveling to study overseas, mostly at the time to America. I have 10 questions lingering from the top of my head here at the right moment. My 1) question is why Chinese students have to study oversea and the USA was always their 1st country to choose from? The other countries were way behind the US in terms of the time and preference?
今天换一个有关出国留学的新话题,特别是到美国。这个其实在过去的30多年间一直是一个热门话题, 势头也是有增无减。不错,从1980年初,中国学子开始留学海外,当时大部分是到美国。此时此刻有10个问题在我脑海中徘徊,第一个问题是:为什么中国学生要留学海外,而美国常是他们的首选? 而在时间和选择上其它国家都落后于美国?

有关去美国留学的问题About studying overseas, the USA in particular

$ Z' v K. v+ V+ G6 M
[此贴子已经被作者于2012/4/2 20:22:49编辑过]
回复

举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-4-3 15:23:00 | 显示全部楼层
The no.5 question will be more than one, which are: a)what are actual educational systems from the US elementary school all the way up to university levels? b)What do Chinese students at any level need to associate with themselves for the lack of basic understanding? c) What has happened so far, and how much do the Chinese parents know about it?
第5个问题其实是由一组问题组成,a) 美国从中小学到大学的整体教育体制究竟是个什么样子?b) 我们中国的孩子所欠缺的是什么?c) 已经暴露出了什么问题,我们的家长们又了解多少?

楼主| 发表于 2012-4-3 15:42:00 | 显示全部楼层
Can you try to answer and/or discuss some of the questions based upon your comprehension from your home-country? Then, we will go from there.
您能否根据您目前在国内的认知,试着回答并探讨以上几个问题,我们再接着往下跟踪?
 楼主| 发表于 2012-4-2 21:23:00 | 显示全部楼层
My 3) question is what those so-called  US "Evergreen" top-ranking universities and colleges truly mean to Chinese parents and students, do you know anything about what Americans think about their own universities nationwide?
我的第三个问题是:美国排名在前的所谓的“常青藤”院校对中国的学生和父母究竟意味着什么? 在美国的美国人又是如何看待他们自己各地的学校的,你们又了解他们多少?

楼主| 发表于 2012-4-2 21:59:00 | 显示全部楼层
The last question 4) for today is nothing but a dual challenge of psychological and academic preparation for Chinese students. How much have you thought about the importance of matters, to most Chinese students they stand for A mental transformation, and B the GPA, to most Chinese very important thing.
今天的最后一个问题,也是第4个问题,就是中国学生所要面对的“心理和学术”的双重挑战。你们想过这些的重要性吗,对大多数中国留学生而言,就是“观念的转换”和“分数”-------平均分数。
Your questions and comments are much appreciated.
欢迎您的问题和评语。。。。

9 K2 r* M/ d% a6 A' v; l. F
 楼主| 发表于 2012-4-2 20:31:00 | 显示全部楼层
The picture above is a pot luck gathering for those who came from PR China studying in Seattle, state of Washington.
 上边的家庭聚会都是来自国内的、目前在华盛顿州西雅图就读的中国留学生。
 楼主| 发表于 2012-4-2 20:58:00 | 显示全部楼层
My 2) question'd be why America always as the 1st choice makes so many youngsters try by all means to get US visas without changing their minds?
我的第二个问题是:为什么偏偏选择美国,美国有什么魅力而使得很多年轻人如此痴心不改、一如既往、不达目的誓不罢休呢?

楼主| 发表于 2012-4-4 16:01:00 | 显示全部楼层
The 6) question is also a combination of questions related together, which are that A: according to the ranking system to count down, what are the colleges and universities that suit Chinese students fine?  b: Are those colleges ranked behind others bad ones? However, how come that those "bad" ones have so many students as well like other good ones?
我的第6个问题也是由一组问题组成的。A:按照排名的名次往下推理,哪些院校最适合中国教育体制下出来的学子呢?B:是不是排名越靠后的学校就是最差的学校?然而,C: 怎么这些学校同样是高朋满座、人满为患呢? 
 楼主| 发表于 2012-4-4 16:51:00 | 显示全部楼层
Following the last 2 questions, here comes the 9) one: From my or your experience beginning from early 1980s , to further education in the foreign countries was hot, and becomes even hotter and more competitive today. However, for the past 30 some years till now, have you guys heard of anyone from those "best ones in China" at the time who have been in America for years and now in their late 50 and even 60 years of age, green cards and/or US citizens. Who has ever achieved any outstanding reputation, winning any big prizes, not to mention "Nobel Prize" of any kind, in any political, scientific and academic fields, so to speak,  in the United States of America? But why?
紧随上边两个问题,提出我的第9个问题,从上世纪的80年代初开始,留学美国就火冒三丈,到今天的八丈十丈。几十年过去了,你们听说过那些当年出国的、至今留在美国成为绿卡或公民却已年过五旬六旬的“祖国的佼佼者”们,哪些人,不要说荣获任何领域的“诺贝尔大奖”,在美国的政界、科技界、学术界等各个领域中独占鳌头或“小有名气”? 可又为什么呢?
7 _- g( }* M5 A T
[此贴子已经被作者于2012/4/4 17:15:38编辑过]
 楼主| 发表于 2012-4-4 16:15:00 | 显示全部楼层
I put my 7) and 8)questions together. The 7th is what are the things our Chinese students ought to best improve in the US academic environment?
第7个问题:我们中国的孩子们在美国大学的学术环境里最需要改进的和提高的几点是什么?
The 8th one is what are the basic concepts of general American education from the elementary all the way up, which are totally different from ours?
第8个问题是, 从美国的中小学知道大学毕业,他们的教学理念是什么,和我们有什么本质的区别?
 楼主| 发表于 2012-4-4 17:07:00 | 显示全部楼层
Here comes my 10th but hopefully not the last question: what are the American dreams and confusion as well? 
第10个问题,但愿不是最后一个:什么是美国的"诱惑"与"困惑"?

Your comment is much appreciated.

您的体会与高见?谢了!
1 A* R6 h6 ?! M' e3 O& g4 C % `7 ?5 I- C6 i# r% C * r0 J# R) s+ P! D! v: {
[此贴子已经被作者于2012/4/4 18:45:16编辑过]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册老北京网

本版积分规则

上个主题 下个主题 快速回复 返回列表 官方QQ群

2000.11.1,老北京网自创办之日起,已经运行了 | 老北京网

GMT+8, 2024-4-25 15:04 , Processed in 1.138416 second(s), 6 queries , MemCache On.

道义 良知 责任 担当

CopyRight © 2000-2022 oldbeijing Inc. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部