注册老北京网

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 3512|回复: 2

[分享]最后的藤叶(英语版)第一部分

[复制链接] 放大 缩小 原始字体
发表于 2011-5-19 00:55:00 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  % A) `; X5 i0 l2 q

In a little district west of Washington Square the streets have run crazy and broken themselves into small strips called "places." These "places" make strange angles and curves. One Street crosses itself a time or two. An artist once discovered a valuable possibility in this street. Suppose a collector with a bill for paints, paper and canvas should, in traversing this route, suddenly meet himself coming back, without a cent having been paid on account! fficeffice" />

* A3 P8 @5 F- U# b1 [" c7 ]( ^

So, to quaint old Greenwich Village the art people soon came prowling, hunting for north windows and eighteenth-century gables and Dutch attics and low rents. Then they imported some pewter mugs and a chafing dish or two from Sixth Avenue, and became a "colony."

% _$ L7 ]) {4 h! E

At the top of a squatty, three-story brick Sue and Johnsy had their studio. "Johnsy" was familiar for Joanna. One was from Maine; the other from California. They had met at the table d'hôte of an Eighth Street "Delmonico's," and found their tastes in art, chicory salad and bishop sleeves so congenial that the joint studio resulted.

回复

举报

楼主| 发表于 2011-5-19 01:26:00 | 显示全部楼层
最后的藤叶,是美国著名作家欧。亨利的作品,是个很感人的故事,我没有汉语版的译文,我没时间翻译,如果中级英语水平的朋友,一般能看懂,但感觉融洽和原文的感觉会不同的,因为语言环境不同!
发表于 2011-5-21 05:46:00 | 显示全部楼层
  & i& C/ ~3 k m- ]6 Z) H

最后的藤叶(王仲华译)

+ a: y5 `8 p7 N& s: l0 ]# ^

fficeffice" /> 

6 Q6 C5 O% F: y

在华盛顿广场西面的一个小区里,街道仿佛发了狂似地,分成了许多叫做“巷子”的小胡同。这些“巷子”形成许多奇特的角度和曲线。一条街自身往往交叉了一两回。有一次,一个艺术家发现这条街有它可贵之处:如果一个商人去收颜料、纸张和画布的账款,在这条街上转弯抹角、大兜圈子的时候,突然碰上一文钱也没收到、空手而回的他自己,那才有意思呢!

# i: e0 g/ F8 K7 K

. }( O* M- E$ M

因此,搞艺术的人不久都到这个古色古香的格林威治村来了。他们逛来逛去,寻找朝北的窗户,18世纪的三角墙,荷兰式的阁楼,以及低廉的房租。接着,他们又从六马路买来了一些锡蜡杯子和一两只烘锅,组成了一个“艺术区”。

" s6 j3 p/ `6 l2 A/ m

; m# W& t! A4 Y8 B

苏艾和琼珊在一座矮墩墩的三层砖屋的顶楼设立了她们的画室。“琼珊”是琼娜的昵称。两人一个是从缅因州来的,另一个的家乡是加利福尼亚州。她们是在八马路上一家“德尔蒙尼戈饭馆”里吃客饭时碰到的,彼此一谈,发现她们对于艺术、饮食、衣着的口味十分相投,结果便联合租下那间画室。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册老北京网

本版积分规则

上个主题 下个主题 快速回复 返回列表 官方QQ群

2000.11.1,老北京网自创办之日起,已经运行了 | 老北京网

GMT+8, 2024-4-26 19:55 , Processed in 1.129986 second(s), 6 queries , MemCache On.

道义 良知 责任 担当

CopyRight © 2000-2022 oldbeijing Inc. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部