找回密码
 注册老北京网

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 5623|回复: 14

大家能够想到的很难翻译成中文的。。。

[复制链接] 放大 缩小 原始字体
发表于 2010-6-19 22:36:00 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

What are the English expressions, phrases, words that you think are hard to put into approciate Chinese?

: o$ ]8 h- F% f! d

They are .............?

9 S$ `8 ?) a0 Z

) g- o7 |$ [0 e" q/ A& }! r, ]

1)

回复

举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-6-21 14:35:00 | 显示全部楼层

" c$ p8 x5 Y* }4 o7 m( [2 Y2 i

Here are some of the problems from me (有一些短语和句子问大家):

1 p0 J$ z! h8 N# i9 u8 l

9 E# Y9 o% \' w

1) attitude problem

6 l/ M1 q o3 m! G- F8 o

This guy's got some attitude problems (注意:这个短语千万不能直译)

5 I$ w. G7 M( X; R4 k

! T9 ]6 Y& ]0 p% f# `

2)figure sth out...... work sth out.....

* T' R! w$ N. G9 t

a. If you're right now so bored, I'll figure something out for you.

. `$ p! q/ }! I

b. Shw would work it out for you if you could not fix that math problem.

" Q, a( e# U* K1 O( K% l! j

) R7 T% L% D O4 `) q

3) I got your picture. Thanks.

. K) G: `8 Z% f0 O8 t/ ?# ?

! ~5 Q; X8 P: ?1 v$ H# P2 i! Z

4) I don't buy his story.

) E( t \+ R3 ^) M# N! K5 N; _: ^

# v* \' e8 G7 v

; {, J" I6 ?* @, ?, n+ R) U

Let's work together to put the sentences into proper Chinese. (试试将这些句子翻译成中文)

发表于 2010-6-19 23:00:00 | 显示全部楼层
Kick out those OUTSIDERS, we do hate them! 
发表于 2010-7-3 15:20:00 | 显示全部楼层
1) attitude problem
; f  A: f. O; h. w! y    態度問題
' ~1 u% c+ u6 {$ Z& RThis guy's got some attitude problems & j3 X$ I! _- C& m  E9 X
這個傢伙有些問題% ?" M8 f3 D  c- c1 l
5 @" R* m& w8 A; I& m$ M

8 f  ~2 Y# d3 S% ^' r/ }2) figure sth out...worke sth out...7 P! {5 C8 U2 q" N" I5 j+ n
4 _5 I, }/ h, G) A' V
5 Y/ ^& P% z6 _
a. If you're right now so bored, I'll figure something out for you.
& x- _% a* a, k* S3 w4 h    如果你現在很無聊,我可以幫你找(想)些事情做。
8 j0 p) g4 u3 V+ Z7 g3 q# J' G

# u/ d% h" x0 H, Y4 U4 Pb. She would work it out for you if you couldn't  fix that math problem.  / K" m$ t9 S0 T1 c
    如果你不能解決那道數學題,她可以幫你。9 y+ G* C/ ~. D8 x" m- ]; d. h
0 z; W# `4 H; Y: H0 ]: K' f# f+ b5 x' ]

+ p# O/ L) {5 B3 Z) T) ^9 p% j3) I got your picture. Thanks.
- R5 P1 g% o7 c# B    我明白了。謝謝。1 K7 t+ E, L" t2 o! a( \
2 u, ?7 g8 o; N7 u! P

0 y" x0 X& j7 o4) I don't buy his story.
* i; s$ M7 |% Y( q7 j! X    我不相信他的話。
发表于 2010-7-3 15:47:00 | 显示全部楼层
不知怎麽搞的文字總是聚在一起不能分段。寫上面貼字的時候分好了段落1,2,3,4 但一發表回複就亂了。重新編輯了幾次都一樣。6 Q2 }: D9 R# ]9 }
請教一下怎麽編輯呀。
发表于 2010-7-5 09:45:00 | 显示全部楼层
Thanks a lot! Got it.
% k8 w* h! b+ d" a0 tI was thinking about the "attitude problem" might be “他的性格很不好” before I wrote 。
6 r* H2 H& g7 y) `" j; k: W+ FYes, you are right. I have been living in America many years but my English is still not enough especially the grammar . $ b  d7 b: T! w7 a6 r
Thanks Again!
 楼主| 发表于 2010-7-4 23:30:00 | 显示全部楼层

Hi, the lady from Lao Ma's family. You are so wonderful as a visitor and perticipater. You DO look like you are from overseas with great interpretation of English, as well as an old Beijinger.

! f( ?8 m2 D5 ]( u8 }% \; L

! v. x# a% z" [ F% M, z/ }

Wish to talk more to you and others.

+ I/ Z' V# l! s+ r# v- l. p0 x

1 D- y( h% Z {

Attitude problem: 态度问题,这是字面翻译。但在生活上常常译为:他的脾气很不好(很容易生气或发脾气)。

0 z! H x2 B i, C" F

2 f1 C' y6 ^" w& [0 A4 I. F+ v

Thank you very much for your attention.

楼主| 发表于 2010-7-5 23:10:00 | 显示全部楼层

Hi, there,

3 A* e, h$ H. h- U

0 _) i4 v1 ^8 ~! I4 N

Your translation was close enough. Thanks.

/ B- P' C4 a& X8 O; z9 d

4 s4 }! y2 R0 Z8 t

By the way, what part of the States did you use to live? Are you planning to go back upon the vacation, or you've come back for good?

+ d& j+ Y* ?8 @

1 c$ \9 B6 N5 ]# M. }9 \2 R

Just curious.

发表于 2010-7-6 11:18:00 | 显示全部楼层
I was living Boston for many years but now I live in Arizona.) Z" Q9 I0 R' B: Z

All of my side of family are living in Beijing so I go back to Beijing for vacation quite often.

I did not go back this year is because of the "Shang Hai 世博“。 Too many people also too expensive. The last time I went back to Beijing with my family here was 2008 for the Olympic. 5 w1 o# |1 | }2 d3 ]9 |- ]1 F[em68]
发表于 2010-7-24 05:24:00 | 显示全部楼层
Yes, a lot of kids do "Sleep Over" or "Sleep Over Party" in the US but I don't see so many this kid of event around families here in my area.
"Sleep Over party" for kids is just as same as a normal party. The only different is just allowed the children sleep over night at the party 舉辦者家里。   
 楼主| 发表于 2010-7-15 23:08:00 | 显示全部楼层

" K) O! ^6 O5 ?/ @7 I

I am so sorry for the late reply. It sounds so close to me upon hearing that you used to live in Boston. I used to live in Seattle, Washington state as a scholar at college level. What a small world we are in!!

- T1 d, g. [+ ^6 y7 Z

0 L3 k% \% c4 W2 [; D

Welcome back to the hometown, and hope you will be here very often even if you are in the States.

* _) K' s0 c3 Z6 ? b/ P

+ w! |5 b! U6 P- F: J

As for your question of how to make separate paragraph, please hit the ENTER to start a new one whenever you want to, I can't figure why you were not able to handle that.

* n4 b3 X w3 j$ i

$ z2 x+ F- ^, [ H8 Q, j6 n

Good luck to try it again plse.

7 F* `5 t- q5 }$ ~. K! a" k

- D* |9 m7 v3 d/ P: h

楼主| 发表于 2010-7-19 20:48:00 | 显示全部楼层

"Sleep over"  What a wonderful verb phrase that I heard a lot and worked with my kids in the US. Let's work on this verbal phrase for both children as well as adults in our everyday lives. This is an usual event that happens a lot to most families, isn't it? And also:

7 E3 w, A- z5 a& L$ x

: d" q: O/ O3 ^: ~

Sleep through Sleep on

8 W2 l$ ]" J9 a

; }9 E& C5 o! |2 A

let's start with "sleep over" 1st.

发表于 2010-7-19 10:35:00 | 显示全部楼层
Recently, my daughter had a "sleep over" birthday party in America. She had a lot of fun over there.
Is any body knows what does "sleep over" mean? What does "sleep over party" do?

发表于 2010-7-19 10:12:00 | 显示全部楼层
Right, What a small world we are in! [em69]
From your beautiful English written,I was guessing that you might used to live in the United State.  So I am right.

How do you Like Seattle?
Since I really don't like Arizona where am living now, am thinking about to move to somewhere else. Seattle is one of a place to choose on my list. I heard about it's beautiful but too much rains and humid. I haven't been there yet. 

As for the edit and separate paragraphs question, I found the problem. My computer is Macintosh and I used to use  Safari as my internet but it's doesn't work for my Chinese edit. Since I have been using Firefox, I am ok now.
Thanks
 楼主| 发表于 2010-7-24 22:11:00 | 显示全部楼层

You are right about "sleep over party", with or without dinner for kids together, however, the kids are staying and sleeping over one or more nights as agreed by their parents. This event IS every popular in the US for kids who are old enough to enjoy games and fun together with their best friends. Parents usually prepare some junk food for them like pizza,  cheese burgers, snacks and stuff.

! ~) j+ Q3 R3 m. P* @

$ i9 w% v4 R& y+ P" T$ b

As for most Chinese families here in China, sleep-over-party is not much of a popular and/or social event to both kids and parents. There might be reasons of many diffrent kinds. Mostly to me would be cultural matters rather than   room space and food to be served. I think the whole thing is totally American. The same is also true for all different parties, picnics, campings, etc.... It would be every difficult for Chinese parents to arrange as many social events like those as possibly Americans can. The thing always on my mind is what American parents learn from these events,   relationship with their own kids and other kids, family ties and......

$ o L0 }6 V+ V4 @

8 t7 z* r3 g6 }, d2 m

Anyway, cultural differences so to speak, but I always liked the events, with nice weather in particular.

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册老北京网

本版积分规则

上个主题 下个主题 快速回复 返回列表 官方QQ群

2000.11.1,老北京网自创办之日起,已经运行了 | 老北京网

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 01:32 , Processed in 1.146204 second(s), 5 queries , MemCache On.

道义 良知 责任 担当

CopyRight © 2000-2022 oldbeijing Inc. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部