找回密码
 注册老北京网

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

返回列表 发新帖

发点不太好理解的英语单词(六级词汇)

[复制链接] 放大 缩小 原始字体
发表于 2010-12-19 12:21:00 | 显示全部楼层
That's why I always think it is kind of misleading to people. Are we learning in the way that helps people learn and approve of their ability when English is needed for their jobs and lives?
回复 支持 反对

举报

发表于 2010-12-19 13:17:00 | 显示全部楼层
靳京的观点我很赞同啊,哈哈,同道中人,有机会一定得认识一下,哈。
发表于 2010-12-19 16:52:00 | 显示全部楼层
QUOTE:
以下是引用弘德皇帝在2010-12-18 19:28:00的发言:
我指的是咱们四级其要求词汇和语法水平,学得好点儿的话,差不多相当于美国刚上初中孩子的水平吧。我大二时候英语老师说的
* t B* l. c0 s- _& x X# l

As for the level of English in college here in China, it's still hard to compare with American junior high English level which requires vocabulary from all kinds of classes, science class in particular. The science class has been with the American High School level for years that has to do with different fields of study in science. There are vocabulary that the native American teachers have to go through before classes. How could we manage to teach such classes in Science and in English for the lack of teaching materials and good teachers?  lus, the junior high students talk the way other native American adults do, how could we even get to the point of comparing with our level 4 English (far beyond the topic)? We got to be more realistic about the fact.

发表于 2010-12-18 19:28:00 | 显示全部楼层
发表于 2010-12-18 19:29:00 | 显示全部楼层
其实这玩意确实没法具体量化,也就是咱自己人老拿这四六级硬性指标玩。其实说这种考试没水平肯定不对,但是体现的水平不是那么深罢了
发表于 2010-12-16 18:34:00 | 显示全部楼层

美国人对在中国英语所分级别(1 -8级)可以说是很茫然,认为是完全中国化的东西,因为它完全是为了应试,也无法用西方什么样的标准加以定调和分级。

发表于 2010-11-22 16:20:00 | 显示全部楼层

the level of our cet-4 may be as equal as their junior high school level

发表于 2010-11-7 22:02:00 | 显示全部楼层

You are absolutely right about it. I did not even pay special attention to it. Moreover, I was not that scientific, so to speak. However, it has been here for 3 years already.

$ g1 j1 v% V1 Z

Anyway, the topics about vocabulary today has been going way beyond the levels (级)they "belong" to. They are much of how they are used meaningfully on different occasions rather than the test ONLY. In China, a learner with a 6th-leveled English might not be better in one way or the other than a 3-4th level one in speaking, reading and/or writing. Therefore, the test-oriented education leaves a big ? mark for today's professors of education.

& N* C9 s7 X9 r! w# ^

# M3 a) ~1 I- j- }

Any comment is much appreciated.

发表于 2010-11-6 19:49:00 | 显示全部楼层
以下是引用[I]北京文化人儿[/I]在2007-11-27 0:16:00的发言:[BR]' [9 e6 j3 K' w: J
[BR]ashore ad.上岸,在岸上。很奇怪的一个词。差不多就是to shore。如果你不考gre、不是渔民或者经常接触水的人,建议忽略这个词。0 N" E4 ~- G( I' N) ]
[BR]atomic 原子能的,原子的,原子武器的
! O  b! ?- Z, v: @9 w2 |- K' r[BR]实际上atom是分子,不是原子。原子是分子中间那个核,差远了。这翻译真是害人啊~
4 e- o" A1 e2 Q+ f- a[BR]但是口语中说原子的,nuclear 和 atomic 一样的。; G! F: `% Q: F9 n
[BR]altitude 高度、海拔。! h3 ?) t3 {9 H' L- F8 m5 B: R2 W
[BR]attitude 态度、看法。 喜欢户外运动的朋友要注意了!6 R8 S. u: X$ b5 Z+ f
[BR]attorney 律师。和lawyer一样。不过更尊敬一些。如果你在介绍一位律师给你的朋友,记住,说this is attorney ***.不是lawyer***。& l% n/ u0 q( z% y$ V( ]3 x5 x9 }3 r
[BR]

7 r9 r+ M) S: u* C! |9 H" j+ H; `[BR] 
" w; @3 w1 S- @2 D+ @& Q[BR]关于原子的解释是错的:+ N. T+ ?1 n4 `2 a
[BR]分子:是能单独存在、并保持纯物质的化学性质的最小粒子。英文是 Molecule5 u. w: l$ }) K" S5 G
[BR]原子:原子是一种元素能保持其化学性质的最小单位。英文是 Atom
8 Y3 o. _' m& ~[BR]原子核:原子核是原子的组成部分,位于原子的中央,占有原子的大部分质量。英文是 Atomic Nucleus& P( Z3 g0 l! L( l, v" \, r
[BR]所以,原子的翻译没有错。
发表于 2011-2-24 00:45:00 | 显示全部楼层

It is very interesting that this section started 3 years ago. But it has been way beyond the original topic which had "vocabulary" to begin with. This has approved of this simple fact that "Practice makes Perfect". In fact. we have somehow added so many new words to our list through pratice, haven't we? What's our LEVEL now? Therefore, learning a language does not depend upon the textbooks and exams ONLY. It's much through constant interaction and human communication. That's the true beauty of language. Many thanks for the lady who started it even though she is gone at the moment for her topic.

, d4 B2 F4 C' E4 l. Y2 l

很有意思这个板块是在3年前启动的,当时以“词汇”开始,可“论谈”已经远远超出了原始命题。这倒证明了一个简单的事实就是:“实践出真知”。实际上,不知不觉中,在我们的生词表里已经连续不断地增添了许多新的单词,不是吗?我们现在的英语够几级了呢(没人说得清)? 为此,我们得出:学习一种语言不单单靠课本和各种考试, 而是通过不断的互动机制和人际沟通。那才是语言真正美感所在之处。特此感谢命题的女士,尽管她此时已远离自己的话题。。。。。

发表于 2011-1-3 18:29:00 | 显示全部楼层
QUOTE:
以下是引用弘德皇帝在2010-12-18 19:28:00的发言:
7 `2 r$ m* u# ]5 c* F, G% P& M

Give you a tipycial example just to support my idea:my son is a 7th grader in America. His science teacher has to prepare/review her class countless times before she can actually teach her students scienfically well in class. The way my son talks after his class about the subjects in his Science books is so weird to me that it took me quite a while before I was able to fully understand the topics. Therefore, he becomes my teacher to be exact. So, I have to lower down my voice and listen very carefully to his "class" (presentations and statements).

) a, }# I8 q& G/ }3 O

Therefore,it can't be judged through our English study by any level at any stage with only vocabulary and grammar. There is no match at all! Whatever Chinese college professor says so. Plus, how many Chinese high schools right now have science class of different categories so to speak? What are standard tests on that subject (Virsus our English exams with our real ability in using the language), and how difficult are they to see high schoolers's actually operating abilities with their minds and both hands to be more useful in their future lives? Is this only a simple matter of English vocabulary and grammar? Aren't they questions for our current educators? This is only one of the examples of a simple class for a 7th grade in the US.

4 v4 z* c* u4 @& I0 B* U

Your comments? I am all ears. Thanks。

7 o7 `/ @7 w4 e: e

有关以上话题给您一个典型的案例:我儿子是一个美国7年级的学生。他的科学课的老师必须准备并预习多遍她的教程才能在教室里以科学的方式教好孩子们这门课。我儿子在下课后对我复述该课程教材的样子对我是那么的怪异,我得琢磨好一会才能完全进入他滔滔不绝的话题。为此他变成了我实际的老师,所以我不得不放低声调耐心地听他的“科学课”(表述)。

. g! ~+ R- P2 T% U9 J

为此,用我们的词汇量和语法技能,无论是在什么级别和水平,是根本没有可比性的(特别是实际应用方面),无论我们的大学教授怎么论述。而且,目前有多少中国的中学开设不同的“科学课程”?这个课程的标准考试为何(对比我们的英语考试能否代表我们真实的英语应用能力)?考试的程度能否检验出学生的脑海里的知识和他们面对未来生活的实际操作能力吗?这只是一个简单的英语词汇和语法的问题吗?这难道不是我们当今教育家所面临的问题吗?以上只不过是美国简单的初一的一门课而已。

; j! C9 ^: u8 |

您的表述? 我洗耳恭听,谢了。

发表于 2011-1-6 22:36:00 | 显示全部楼层

If you have heard of SAT, you'd be aware of the western expression of "creative thinking" and "critical thinking" skills even though they are not quite spread among Chinese. However, that's the keys of American education which teaches the students how to confront their near future reality when they become   18 as adults. What about Chinese 18-year-old nowadays? They are mostly adult children in the west under the arms of their parents..........Is it still true any more? Your advice!

" w- }3 L! e& g9 x0 O5 U% d/ d' R

如果大家听说过“SAT考试”的话,就一定察觉到西方的“创造思维”和“批评思维”的两种技巧表达方式,尽管听起来不很熟悉。然而,这的确是美国教育的核心,教给学生如何面对和适应很快来到面前的现实生活,当他们进入成年的时候----我这里的成年是指18周岁。怎么理解和看待现在中国18岁的年龄段呢?在大部分西方人的眼里他们(中国的18岁孩子)就是西方所说的,仍然在父母卵翼下仍未成熟的“成年孩童”。。。是否现在还是如此?期待您的参与。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册老北京网

本版积分规则

上个主题 下个主题 快速回复 返回列表 官方QQ群

2000.11.1,老北京网自创办之日起,已经运行了 | 老北京网

GMT+8, 2024-4-25 08:24 , Processed in 1.156741 second(s), 6 queries , MemCache On.

道义 良知 责任 担当

CopyRight © 2000-2022 oldbeijing Inc. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部