注册老北京网

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 7168|回复: 4

Questions for those who teach Chinese to foreigners

[复制链接] 放大 缩小 原始字体
发表于 2007-9-18 06:26:00 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

Can someone answer some of my questions  to teaching Chinese to foreigners:

1) What kind of text book are you using for beginners?

2)What would you suggust the students be more interactive in a classroom setting without language environment outside?

3)How much English is enough for the teacher to teach Chinese to the students?

4)What's the best dictionary do you recommand for the students to use?

5)How do you deal with Chinese grammar instruction?

If someone has some good ideas, please advise!!

Thanks

回复

举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-6-14 16:09:00 | 显示全部楼层
I should've at least seen these answers 3 years ago only for the politeness, shouldn't I?? Even if you were not able to answer them all at the time............ No wonder people come and go.
 楼主| 发表于 2010-6-13 00:36:00 | 显示全部楼层

3 years later

It's been 3 years already since I asked these questions. I will wait for another 3 years.
发表于 2010-6-13 09:05:00 | 显示全部楼层

Maybe no one here is "teach Chinese to foreigners". From subject, you just ask this questions to a certain group of people which are not the majority visitors of this site. I believe you have found at least some of your answers since it's been three years. Now you should be an expert than most of the visitors here right? fficeffice" />

7 x( Z" |' B1 M/ S, a; M

6 Y- P' S3 O: Q& H) S0 o. F

So, before I ask for your answers, I'd like to share some of my thoughts. But I must say I have no exp. in teaching Chinese.

$ r. [( x2 Q- p7 q. Y( G% Q: U

, A5 x" D; m5 L* R# F

1.    For text book, I think there are plenty on the web. You can find comments to most of them on Douban.com or other sites. Beijing Language and Culture University is well-known for teaching Chinese to foreigners, you may find many books that published by it and used by many teachers there. The university also has a major called "对外汉语" that should help with teach foreigners Chinese.

/ [$ [6 M9 u7 r) ?+ X2 t7 e

2.    I don’t understand this questions very well.

$ }6 f1 K0 j I: k3 v7 X( a. m

3.    Do you mean what level of English? Any level as long as they can get your points. It’s communication, not final exam.

$ d' L7 Z \4 D) W. d" A) Y

4.    This only an expert can answer, suggest you ask the teachers who is now teaching.

2 J+ p1 H: A2 w, t4 \1 O/ H& `

5.    Hmmm, another professional question. I never teach anyone and even not good with Chinese grammar myself. Find a mentor or read some books related to this area.

发表于 2010-7-24 04:53:00 | 显示全部楼层
 You know what? My father-in-law was teaching Chinese at Boston Latin School for a while. He used to use "HanYu" by (Peter Chang, Alyce Mackrras and Yu Hsiu Ching) to teach. it was for Mid School student level. I don't really like it。 I found a web site here for the book: 
http://www.amazon.com/Hanyu-Intermediate-Students-Peter-Chang/dp/0582800854

Also I am using "中文“ to teach my children chinese。Here is the website:
http://www.hwjyw.com/textbooks/downloads/zhongwen/
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册老北京网

本版积分规则

上个主题 下个主题 快速回复 返回列表 官方QQ群

2000.11.1,老北京网自创办之日起,已经运行了 | 老北京网

GMT+8, 2024-4-27 13:10 , Processed in 1.136857 second(s), 5 queries , MemCache On.

道义 良知 责任 担当

CopyRight © 2000-2022 oldbeijing Inc. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部