注册老北京网

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 3179|回复: 1

最后的藤叶(英语版)第四部分

[复制链接] 放大 缩小 原始字体
发表于 2011-5-19 01:03:00 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  + a( U: L. U/ B7 L2 B2 x

"Oh, I never heard of such nonsense," complained Sue, with magnificent scorn. "What have old ivy leaves to do with your getting well? And you used to love that vine so, you naughty girl. Don't be a goosey. Why, the doctor told me this morning that your chances for getting well real soon were - let's see exactly what he said - he said the chances were ten to one! Why, that's almost as good a chance as we have in New York when we ride on the street cars or walk past a new building. Try to take some broth now, and let Sudie go back to her drawing, so she can sell the editor man with it, and buy port wine for her sick child, and pork chops for her greedy self." fficeffice" />

- A9 U0 F4 i' X9 c; T' R: h

"You needn't get any more wine," said Johnsy, keeping her eyes fixed out the window. "There goes another. No, I don't want any broth. That leaves just four. I want to see the last one fall before it gets dark. Then I'll go, too."

" C; j9 Y/ ?( h" ?0 l9 }8 l

"Johnsy, dear," said Sue, bending over her, "will you promise me to keep your eyes closed, and not look out the window until I am done working? I must hand those drawings in by to-morrow. I need the light, or I would draw the shade down."

" |4 u: e- k0 F4 d

"Couldn't you draw in the other room?" asked Johnsy, coldly.

! v1 [! m: p1 F; n; J

"I'd rather be here by you," said Sue. "Beside, I don't want you to keep looking at those silly ivy leaves."

6 a; u8 _( ]* @0 H1 X% v- v

"Tell me as soon as you have finished," said Johnsy, closing her eyes, and lying white and still as fallen statue, "because I want to see the last one fall. I'm tired of waiting. I'm tired of thinking. I want to turn loose my hold on everything, and go sailing down, down, just like one of those poor, tired leaves."

回复

举报

发表于 2011-5-21 05:52:00 | 显示全部楼层
  5 f- I* z d# ]; V* g

“哟,我从没听到这样荒唐的话。”苏艾装出满不在乎的样子数落地说,“老藤叶同你的病有什么相干?你一向很喜欢那株常春藤,得啦,你这淘气的姑娘。别发傻啦。我倒忘了,大夫今天早晨告诉我,你很快康复的机会是——让我想想,他是怎么说的——他说你好的希望有九成!哟,那几乎跟我们在纽约搭街车或者走过一幢新房子的工地一样,碰到意外的时候很少。现在喝一点儿汤吧。让苏艾继续画图,好卖给编辑先生,换了钱给她的病孩子买点儿红葡萄酒,也买些猪排填填她自己的馋嘴。” fficeffice" />

' \! Y. h# ^% w: z: _

! D& [6 ^* X" ~ d, j

“你不用再买什么酒啦。”琼珊说,仍然凝视着窗外,“又掉了一片。不,我不要喝汤。只剩四片了。我希望在天黑之前看到最后的藤叶飘下来。那时候我也该去了。”

) `* J1 F+ B( a, P; e0 t

( @$ Y% \- l/ @1 r

“琼珊,亲爱的,”苏艾弯着身子对她说,“你能不能答应我,在我画完之前,别睁开眼睛,别瞧窗外?那些图画我明天得交。我需要光线,不然我早就把窗帘拉下来了。”

5 c' I! j: [+ V+ ]4 c! G

5 q6 j" c5 b5 Z* C

“你不能到另一间屋子里去画吗?”琼珊冷冷地问道。

* l4 B3 Z% N; B' m, Q; I, ~

1 V: ~! @: K$ n; _6 W

“我要呆在这儿,跟你在一起。”苏艾说,“而且我不喜欢你老盯着那些莫名其妙的藤叶。”

* ~* u- ^/ J. g) E1 M

“你一画完就告诉我。”琼珊闭上眼睛说,她脸色惨白,静静地躺着,活像一尊倒塌下来的塑像,“因为我要看那最后的藤叶掉下来。我等得不耐烦了。也想得不耐烦了。我想摆脱一切,像一片可怜的、厌倦的藤叶,悠悠地往下飘,往下飘。”
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册老北京网

本版积分规则

上个主题 下个主题 快速回复 返回列表 官方QQ群

2000.11.1,老北京网自创办之日起,已经运行了 | 老北京网

GMT+8, 2024-4-20 00:29 , Processed in 1.139291 second(s), 5 queries , MemCache On.

道义 良知 责任 担当

CopyRight © 2000-2022 oldbeijing Inc. All Rights Reserved.

返回顶部