西水车 发表于 2012-11-24 07:48:47

Nightingale Pledge

本帖最后由 西水车 于 2012-11-24 08:02 编辑

Nightingale Pledge
I solemnly pledge myself before God and in the presence of this assembly,
to pass my life in purity and to practice my profession faithfully.
I will abstain from whatever is deleterious and mischievous,
and will not take or knowingly administer any harmful drug.
I will do all in my power to maintain and elevate the standard of my profession,
and will hold in confidence all personal matters committed to my keeping and all family affairs coming to my knowledge in the practice of my calling.
With loyalty will I endeavor to aid the physician in his work,
and devote myself to the welfare of those committed to my care.
  —— The Florence Nightingale Pledge

原版(英语版):
  I more than ever, to god and all the congregation swore: life pure, loyalty to their duties and try our best to improve nursing standards; Do not harm for, don't take take or so with drug harmful; Keep a patient housework and secret, sincerely assisted the doctor in the diagnosis and treatment, the service for the welfare of the sick. And shi!

余谨以至诚,   于上帝及会众面前宣誓:   终身纯洁, 忠贞职守,    尽力提高护理之标准;   勿为有损之事,   勿取服或故用有害之药;   慎守病人家务及秘密,    竭诚协助医生之诊治,   务谋病者之福利。   谨誓!

靳京 发表于 2013-7-29 09:17:50

It sounds like an interesting pledge and final promise before getting on to the important medical position as a profession, which shows the responsibility as a doctor this man or a woman expresses to practice medicine. Creditaibility is definitely so important in the field of medicine in the west, a personal clinic in particular. However, I wonder what you posted it here for, for English as a foreign language, or to share the information?
这一段英文听起来像是一段在一个很重要的医疗设施或诊所开业前的一段有趣的誓言或是一个最终的承诺,表达出此人在行医之前作为医师所承担的职责。的确,在西方国家,医学界的可信度是至关重要的,特别是你开设一个个人的私立诊所。然而,我还没明白您把这条信息登出在这里的原因为何, 是为了外语学习,还是只作为信息的分享?
页: [1]
查看完整版本: Nightingale Pledge